Skip to content

Ideas for Cougar Mountain

12 results found

1. Make User interfaces in Denali expandable

Windows inside of each module are not expandable, making it difficult to search multiple lines at time. For example we can't search the history of an inventory item except for 3 lines at a time. All user interface windows should be expandable and have the ability to minimize inside of their respective modules! Like we have tabs in Windows 7 at the bottom of the screen. Or on Mac computers. User interface design needs to be overhauled!!!!!!

74 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    started  ·  3 comments  ·  Cosmetic Design  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. A/P Credit Invoices

When checks are printed, credit invoices should be listed and show which invoice they are applied to, not just deducted from the invoice their applied to.

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback!

Our stock reports are generally formatted to appeal to the largest number of our customers possible.

We offer report customization, and our Technical Support might be able to help you get exactly what you are looking for.

Contact us at 1-800-390-7093 if this is something you wish to explore further.

3. GL posting appearing in order by Transaction instead of account

Fund accounting, GL posting from AP on paid invoices,would post in numeric order now posts by transaction. This makes it very difficult to calculate the total each fund used on that particular posting, when funds would be required to reimburse a clearing account.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make the font bigger on reports

The font is very small on the payroll checks and all the reports. I would be nice for us blind people if the font was a little big bigger.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the idea!

We are constantly re-evaluating our reporting formats, and this is a great suggestion!

Many of our customers have requested more information to be printed on the check stubs, so the font size has been reduced in order to fit the needed fields on it.

In the meantime, you might contact our custom report services to help modify your current format to be more readable for you.

6. Expand third party integration

So far I have not found any commonly used third party products that integrate with Denali. CM's preferred PDF creator doesn't even work if you are using Windows 8. It would be nice to be able to integrate Denali with QuickBooks, Time and Attendance Portals or our online banking site for bill payments. Integration with standard products would cut out a lot of double entry.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have partnered with TSheets for Time and attendance integration, and 3D Cart for E-Commerce integration. We have also integrated Automated tax calculation with Avalara Avatax.

We continue to evaluate our partners based upon the prospects for mutually beneficial relationships.

QuickBooks is our direct competitor, so we will not be developing any functions to work with their products.

7. Make Garnishments & Child Support payments adjustable in Denali Payroll

If there are 3 child support orders and they have different %'s (ie 55%, 60%, and 65%) Denali calculates incorrectly based upon the state requirements for calculating. Make Child Support & Garnishments adjustable figures so that they can be changed.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. EFW2 (CMS Electronic W-2) is not available in Denali

There is no selection for the CMS Electronic W-2 (generation of the EFW2 file) which was available in CMS Pro, but is not in Denali. The only option for e-filing the W-2s is through Aatrix which costs an additional amount. The file generation for upload to SSA should be part of Denali, as it was in CMS Pro.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. payroll

I run the "process periodic leave" monthly to update our sick time because we accrue sick time hours monthly. So I did the processing and when I printed the "PR Processed Periodic Leave Report" EVERYBODY, even terminated people accrued time. This should not accrue for people who is clearly marked that they are terminated and are no longer with the company. What should have been a 2 page report was an 6 page report. And now I have to go through and find current employees to check and make sure it accrued correctly.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for using Customer Voice!

You are correct, that leave should not accrue for employees that are terminated.

The results of the report depend on the parameters selected. If you suspect this is an issue in the software, please contact our Technical Support department at 800-390-7053, and they can work with you to research and resolve the issue.

10. Export of Data in AR

In AR, you can export data however if you try and export the Master report it looks like a jumbled mess. There is no way you can even try and fix it. Even the smaller reports exporting there are all kinds of blank cells and the data isnt' even lined up. I am trying to export my AR for credit reporting and it's been a nightmare. It simply doesn't work efficiently. I would like to be able to pick cells that I wish to see in my export data excel worksheet. This is really broken.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the suggestion!

There are many ways to export information in Denali. If there is a specific format that is needed, our Customer Service representatives may be able to help. Many of the reports in the system will export directly into a columnar Excel format. We will also be adding more expanded export capabilities in the future.

Feel free to contact customerservice@cougarmtn.com to find out if more suitable options are available.

11. POS Gift Receipt

In CMS for DOS, when reprinting a receipt there was a provision for selecting the receipt format - the default was the regular receipt, but by selecting a format that didn't include pricing, we were able to offer gift receipts for people purchasing clothes as gifts that might need to be exchanged.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. ADD SUPPORT FOR SQL ALWAYS ON

PLEASE ADD SUPPORT TO CONNECT THE SQL TO AN SQL ALWAYS ON MIRROR FARM. IN THIS CONFIGURATION, INSTEAD OF POINTING TO A SPECIFIC INSTANCE IN SQL, THE CONNECTION STRING NEEDS TO POINT TO A TCP AVAILABILITY GROUP ( A CLUSTERED IP ADDRESS). FOR EXAMPLE: ON THE CONNECITON STRING, INSTEAD OF USING

DataSource = SQL2012-VS1\SQL;

I would use
    Data Source=TCP:SQL-AG1;

Please contact me and I would be happy to discuss

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here